Descriptions of event
1. Highest Jump: The competitor with the highest jump kick that breaks a single board is the winner. Competitors will be required to ensure the safety of fellow competitors and spectators as outlined in “General: Safety” above.
2. Materials: Boards will be supplied by Supply Committee. No spacers are allowed. Each competitor will be supplied up to 3 boards.
3. Techniques: Any type of jump kick may be used. The competitor will be allowed to run a short distance and then jump into the kick.
4. Attempts: The competitor will have 3 attempts to produce the highest jump while breaking the board. The best of the 3 attempts will be used. The board must be broken or the jump will not count.
5. Time Limits: Competitor will have a maximum of 1 minute for each attempt. Time starts when the competitor signals he/she is ready. A deduction of 1 inch will be taken off the competitor’s best attempt for every 15 seconds over the allotted time. Deductions will begin after the 3-minute total mark.
6. Judging: Judges will measure height to determine winner. Height will be determined from the top of the competitor’s head to the lowest part of the board.
7. Disqualification: If a competitor fails to break any boards in all three attempts the competitor will be disqualified and no place will be awarded.
8. Ties: In the event of a tie, the winner will be the competitor who produced the highest jump in their second best attempt. If there is still a tie, the winner will be determined by the total height produced by all 3 attempts.